Wednesday, July 3, 2024

The Draw #12: Jack Stegman

A running series for the TAPAS blog. I wrote down names on little slips of paper, the names of everyone currently in the TAPAS Facebook group and Discord server, 41 people altogether, and will be drawing one name every so often to write about them and their history with the group.

Today we're going with one of the OG members of the TAPAS team, Jack Stegman.

One of my oldest friends, I met Jack at Red Rocks Community College. My icebreaker was that I was putting together a fandub of The Order of the Stick - that really never panned out, but I think I might look into TAPAS doing that once the whole series is over... it's still going, it's a 20-year-old D&D stick figure comic at this point, but it's definitely in its final story arc.

Jack was eventually invited into the chat room where I met all my DeviantArt buddies who eventually became Team Salmon, the core crew of TAPAS and Stuff Productions. From there she was a big part of Whirlwind, our D&D campaign - I intend now to make the setting of that campaign the base setting of the AE:GIS game system, and for all the players to take part in retelling the story. Just as a story, we don't have time to campaign it, but we will be playing some semi-canon games to help us build the settings, starting soon in the Keys & Kingdoms universe...

Like Ziya in the previous entry, Jack's had a prominent place in some of my Jackbox Party Pack videos - oh, and a reaction to Killer Bean Forever that we filmed four years ago that I never got around to editing, I really ought to do that sometime...

In short, Jack's not a creative type as much as most of my people, but she is... forever one of my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment