Monday, February 22, 2021

Having a Good Time

So, these past couple weeks... been pretty stinkin' cold, hasn't it? Today being 10 degrees and sunny was the nicest it's been in a while, I instantly jumped on the chance to actually go outside without being driven back in by the blistering snows and winds. Still didn't spend a ton of time outside, as the snow was still pretty deep, not easy to walk around, but it was so nice to get outside and look around the neighborhood again. Good for my old dog too, we just haven't been able to take real walks out there. We met a mail carrier, who came up to him so he could sniff her and she could pet him -- he's been very scared of strangers since we came to Quincy, so it was nice to have someone notice and come put him at ease. Very sweet encounter.

Hmm, not fifteen minutes after that encounter, my mom asked me if I ever considered being a mail carrier. Just as I was about to call vocational rehab to ask about, er, whatever it is they do, I need the employment help. What do you think? Omen?

Well, I don't know about carrying mail, but I am in contact with vocational rehab now. So much nicer and more helpful and accommodating than I expected, not at all cold and bureaucratic.

Also this week, we've done another readthrough of Better Yet? following some heavy rewrites Mason did. This time, we also discussed the script together and he's going to do some more, smaller rewrites before we start scheduling the actual recording of the drama. Had a good time! It was excellent. Such a good story. We hope it reaches people and touches them.

Also-also this week, we finished the Phase Two TAPAS banner. Not going to show you here, it's to be unveiled when we reach Phase Two. When does Phase Two begin? Hard to say. It was scheduled for November 2019. I had plans every week for a year. Started off pretty well, the first 15 or 16 weeks went okay, but ever since then, eh, things have been going slower. I have five weeks left in that original 52-week plan, so... Phase Two starts in five weeks, minimum, probably more.

No comments:

Post a Comment