Monday, August 2, 2021

The Big Release

All right, well, first week of Better Yet? being out has been nice. I've spread it around, people are saying some very nice things. I boosted the post on Facebook, made it an ad... that was weird, I didn't like the results. Just lots and lots of total strangers hitting the like button and, according to analytics, not watching the video at all. The ad was supposed to run for seven days, but I pulled it after two, it was creeping me out.

Only one comment was posted on the Facebook ad: "CRAP! Reporting as spam." So, that was lame, fortunately I had the power to delete the comment like it never happened. Stalked the guy's profile later, found him a retiree from Florida who does nothing but complain about Facebook ads, explicitly stated at one point that he reports all of them, and vows to quit Facebook once a month or so. So, clearly nothing personal. I'm not gonna say he thinks Facebook is liberal propaganda despite it being mostly used for the opposite, but... yeah, he thinks that. I can cope with a bit of that, if we get haters that just means we've spread far enough that a wide enough array of people are aware of us, and I want that. But I don't think Facebook ads are the way to do that, I'll try to keep it organic.

With Better Yet? having premiered... I'm trying to savor the victory, but it's also time to start getting ready for the two fantasy stories that follow! I'm reassembling the casts and doing what I can to teach them about the characters and their story while we wait to learn when the recording studio will be available again.

Only other thing worth mentioning is that I have finished recording the Season 2 premiere of the TAPAS podcast, gonna edit it today. I haven't actively promoted the TAPAS podcast in a very long time, because... it just stopped being accessible, I was very much going through the motions, but I've retooled it, I think it'll be a more fun, community-type thing. Should come out tomorrow! But you can never guarantee a release date with TAPAS, it all depends on how well my brain's working.

So, short post today, I'll leave you with a collection of screenshots I've shared, some of the comments Better Yet? has seen so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment