Friday, September 25, 2020

Daily Tasks: Day 10

Hmm, let's see, what was it that was special about today? Why, of course -- it's ma birthday. I'm 28 now. Well, that can't be right. I only have my life together enough to be maybe 24, if we're giving me a lot of leeway.

Well, earlier this evening I posted what I thought would be the entirety of the thoughts I've had for the Keys & Kingdoms universe so far... turns out, there are a lot more thoughts there than I, um... thought. So it's not everything, it's part one of... I wanna say seven. Might be more.

So, other things I gotta do... well, I've laid out a few mission statements in the TAPAS Discord server. Things I hope to get done as far as making reaction vids and Jackbox gaming vids, and a big old one for Irregular Fantasy. Can that be done in time for Irregular Webcomic's 20th anniversary on the very last day of 2022? Given the history of TAPAS, probably not.

And yeah -- history of TAPAS, not history of me. Because yes, over the history of this company I've gone through a number of months-long depressive slumps where I've been unable to produce any content. And when I'm working, I'm always very behind schedule. But you know, everybody I work with takes forever to get their stuff done too. There are people who are part of the TAPAS inner circle who have never once actually finished a task I've paid them to do.

Sent some emails about picking up on some other projects, such as Better Yet? and The Trivia Box game show, and one to game developer Rob Heinsoo to see if perhaps he can offer me some, well, game development advice.

And I'm finally listening to The Mechanisms. I'm near the end of their first album, which appears to be a story told through folk music about a high-tech intergalactic war with fairytale motifs. ...Well, I can't say that's not the sort of thing I'm into.

And, there we go. I was supposed to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas today, along with the Three Musketeers film Disney made that same year, but I ran out of time. By knocking those two items over to tomorrow... I've actually completed my to-do list today. Well, that's nice. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment